Location: Alpha Chi Omega chapter at Washington State University
As a Pearl Stone Partners live-in House Director, you support the Alpha Chi Omega housed chapter member experience. You work to create an inclusive environment for all members that promotes positive community relations, member engagement, and resident safety. Additionally, you oversee the day-to-day operations of the physical premises of the chapter facility.
What would your typical day look like?
No two days look the same for our House Directors. On any given day, you can expect to:
- Inspect the facility (inside and out) daily to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance. Report any maintenance observations to supervisor and National Housing Corporation.
- Oversee maintenance at the chapter facility. Be present to let workers in and guide them to locations where work is need. Notify chapter members when there will be contractors in the chapter facility, or when there will be disruption to service.
- Monitor subcontractors for compliance with contracts.
- Hold office hours for member meetings.
This job might be for you if:
- You have strong communication skills that allow you to work effectively and professionally with various stakeholders through different platforms (email, phone, text – to name a few examples).
- You have effective relationship-building skills that enable you grow strong working relationships built on trust and respect.
- You are a team player and exhibit positivity.
- You exercise good independent judgement to make sound decisions under pressure.
- You have excellent time management skills that allow you to divide your time between multiple priorities and goals.
- You love to-do lists and have strong planning skills.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to new or changing requirements.
- You have a keen attention to detail and the ability to recognize maintenance/repair issues.
- You maintain composure during stressful or emergency situations.
- You excel in conflict resolution and effectively handle disputes in a balanced way.
- You possess computer literacy and are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You are mobile with the ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times a day.
To join our team, you need to have some experience taking the lead on projects and working with people, specifically college aged women. While previous house director experience is great, we also have former flight attendants, consultants, and teachers on our Pearl Stone Partners team!
Who you’ll work with:
- Your supervisor, Chapter Advisor
- National Housing Corporation
- CSL Management
- Collegiate chapter leaders
- Ability to live-in onsite year round
- Eligible to work in the United States without restriction.
- Passage of a criminal background and reference check.
Location/Region: Pullman, WA