Director of Educational Opportunity Grant Programs
LC State invites applications for the position of Director of Educational Opportunity Grant Programs.
Salary and rank based on experience and qualifications: $76,000 - $80,000
Degree Required: Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Counseling, Social Work, Education, Psychology, Student Affairs, or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
1. Minimum of three years' experience with federal TRIO programs, college success/completion programs, or similar programs for disadvantaged students
2. Minimum of three years' experience in designing or managing grant programs, illustrated leadership; budget oversight; program development and evaluation; reporting and compliance with federal regulations.
3. Minimum three years' progressive experience in higher education with supervisory responsibilities
4. Experience in program coordination, working with multiple agencies, and working with disadvantaged populations.
5. Strong presentation, communication, and organization skills
1. Ph.D. from a regionally accredited college/university preferred, or
2. Professional or personal experiences in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting program participants, or
3. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
1. Grant Oversight
• Monitor grant activities to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations/laws as well as college policies;
• Develop and distribute marketing and other informational materials, including websites and social media, to promote grant programs to prospective and current participants;
• Develop and distribute appropriate correspondence for current and prospective program participants;
• Collect, analyze, and report relevant data for the grant programs' annual reports;
• Create and implement forms to collect data and track participant progress;
• Develop appropriate support curricula, including skills classes and tutoring, for program participants;
• Monitor and, where appropriate, implement new federal regulations pertaining to the administration of TRIO and other federal grants;
• Author the renewal grants for federal funding and seek additional funding (grant or otherwise) as needed to support grant objectives; and
• Coordinate support services with other campus administrative units.
• Prepare and monitor budgets for grant programs and the Student Success Center.
• Guide staff in the Advising Center and the Student Employment and Career Center in program assessment, budget preparation, and identification of new opportunities to enhance current services.
• Participate in the college's strategic planning and assessment processes;
• Pursue grant opportunities that support LCSC students and prepare application materials as required;
• Supervise staff assigned
3. Other duties as assigned
• Evenings and Weekends may be required.
• Travel is expected for this position.
Please upload all of the following documents or your application may not be considered for review.
• Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
• Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before December 1, 2023, will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
To Apply, visit: